Frequently Asked Questions About Outdoor Patio Furniture
What is the best type of outdoor furniture?
- While there isn't a particular type of patio furniture that can be considered "the best type", there are several types and each has its own unique benefits. For example, cast aluminum furniture and aluminum patio furniture cannot rust, which makes them great for coastal or humid areas. Wrought iron furniture is very sturdy and heavy, making it a great solution for windy areas. Certain types of furniture should also be avoided depending upon your climate. Wood furniture will hold up well in most parts of the country, but in states like Arizona, where it's very dry, wood furniture will require more frequent up-keep or maintenance.
How long should outdoor patio furniture last?
- Most high-quality outdoor furniture is designed to withstand the elements of nature, thus you should expect years of use from your patio furniture. While most manufacturers will offer 5, 10, 15 or even 20-year warranties on their products, more often than not, their product is made from materials that will extend the lifetime of the piece beyond their stated warranty period. In most cases, even if outdoor patio furniture is no longer covered under a manufacturer’s warranty, it may be worth the investment to refurbish your old furniture. If the furniture is of a high-quality, you can often have the pieces powder-coated and replace the cushions for a fraction of what the item originally cost.
What is the warranty on patio furniture?
- The short answer is yes...and no. It all depends on the material that the outdoor furniture is made of. Obviously you don't have to worry about rust on your patio furniture if it is made of a wicker or wood material, however if you have metal patio furniture, the type of metal that it is made of will determine if it can rust. Outdoor furniture that is made of aluminum, both extruded or cast, will not rust because aluminum is a non-ferrous metal which means it has no iron in it. Outdoor furniture that is made of wrought iron or steel can possibly rust. Less expensive, inferior wrought iron or steel furniture is far more likely to rust than high-quality wrought iron or steel furniture. This happens because manufacturers of low-quality metal furniture often don't take the necessary steps to protect the metal from the moisture. Quality iron or steel furniture will be far less likely to rust due to their primer and powder-coating processes during production.
What is the best type of outdoor cushion material?
- The best type of fabric for outdoor cushions is acrylic. Because acrylic fabric doesn't contain any cotton, polyester or olefin fiber, it will not mildew, stain or break-down as easily. Currently, the leading brand of acrylic outdoor fabric is Sunbrella. Sunbrella not only uses acrylic fabric, but they solution-dye the material so that the color is solid throughout the fiber versus a pattern or color that is "printed" or "stamped" on the fabric after it has been woven. This is extremly beneficial because it ensures the fabric will be color-fast and will not fade over time and exposure to the elements.
Does patio furniture get hot?
- If your patio furniture is made of a metal frame it will get hot when in the direct sun. Some areas of the country are hotter than others, so obviously, your geographic location will make a big difference. Some metal furniture can retain the heat more than others. For example, while aluminum furniture will be hot when in direct sunlight, it will cool down relatively quickly once it is in the shade or as the sun sets. Wrought iron and steel furniture will tend to hold the heat longer requiring a longer cooling period. A good example of this difference between the two metal types can be found in the kitchen. When aluminum foil is removed from an oven, it cools very quickly, while a iron skillet will take much longer to cool down.
What kind of maintenance & care is required for patio furniture?
- High-quality outdoor furniture is typically low-maintenance just by virtue of the materials the manufacturers use in production. While some types of furniture require more care than others, most often you can simply use a garden hose to rinse the furniture off and keep it dust free.
Should I cover my outdoor patio furniture
- Although it isn't necessary to cover your patio furniture, we recommend it. The materials our patio furniture is made of are selected for their durability and endurance. By covering your furniture, you will not only extend the lifetime of it, but you will also minimize the amount of cleaning and care your patio furniture will require to keep it looking like new.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ordering From LavishPatio
Can I choose different frame and fabric colors?
- In most cases, the patio furniture we offer can be customized. While there are a few furniture groups we can only sell as shown, the majority of our furniture can be ordered with different frame and fabric colors. If you would like to inquire about custom order availability, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, feel free to browse through our large selection of Sunbrella outdoor fabric options.
Will I be charged for sales tax?
- New York residents will be responsible for all applicable sales taxes on purchases made through our website in accordance with Federal and State laws. Residents of any other state will not be charged sales tax unless required by law.
What are my payment options?
- We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express).
Can I get a discount?
- We offer special discounts and savings periodically during the year. For the most current specials, please check our Current Sales & Promotions page.
What should I do if there is a problem with my order?
- If there are any problems with your order or your shipment, you should contact us immediately at email@example.com so we can assist and take the necessary steps to correct the problem. If we are promptly notified of problems, we can often minimize any inconveniences you might experience. This is especially important with problems arising from freight damage.
When will my order be shipped?
- All patio furniture orders are shipped from our Warehouse facility as soon as possible. Open-stock merchandise will be shipped out within 4 days of order placement. Special order product will be shipped out within 4 days of the product being received at our distributors warehouse from the manufacturer.
What happens if my product is back ordered?
- Due to circumstances out of our control, occasionally a manufacturer may back order product due to us. In the event that a product on your purchase is back ordered, LavishPatio, at it's sole discretion, may choose to ship you a partial order. If a partial shipment is made, we will ship all back ordered products as soon as possible when they are received. If a back ordered product is due to be received in a relatively short period of time, LavishPatio may choose to hold your order until it can be shipped complete.
Can I cancel or change my order?
- LavishPatio is committed to satisfied customers and realizes returns or changes are sometimes necessary. We require immediate notification for canceled or returned items. We try our best to avoid restocking fees, however, fees are applicable in certain scenarios. If an order is canceled within 3 days of order placement, restocking fees may be avoided.
How does LavishPatio protect my personal information?
Frequently Asked Questions About The Shipping & Delivery Of Patio Furniture
How much does shipping cost?
- Shipping is FREE for all purchases. Certain special orders have freight and shipping costs can vary widely depending on a number of factors including the size of the product, the type of product, the weight, the address, type of shipping service and a number of other criteria. As a general rule, we usually see freight & shipping costs equal to about 12-15% of the value of the order. Please keep in mind this is only an estimate.
How will my order be shipped?
- If possible, your order will ship via FedEx or UPS. Unless specified, all orders are shipped via ground service. If you require expedited delivery, these services are available for an additional charge. For larger products that cannot be shipped via FedEx or UPS, we will ship them via a LTL freight carrier. These shipments will also be sent using the standard delivery time. As with UPS or FedEx, you can request expedited delivery with these carriers for an additional charge.
Does LavishPatio offer international shipping?
- No. We currently only deliver to the US Contiguous 48 States.
Can I ship product to multiple addresses?
- Yes, we can ship product to multiple addresses. Please note that doing so may result in additional shipping charges. If you require items to be sent to multiple addresses, please mention this at the time you place your order.
How long will it take to get my order?
- Shipments will typically arrive to your location within 5-7 business days of being shipped. Please keep in mind that shipments do not move on weekends. If you require expedited shipment services, please feel free to contact us by email. Additional shipping fees may apply for expedited services.
How can I track my shipment?
- After your order has been shipped from our distributors, we will contact you via email with shipment information. This information will include the carrier and shipment tracking number(s). By visiting the carriers website and entering the shipment information, you can see the status of your shipment.
Will the freight carrier be able to help me with my furniture?
- Most carriers have policies in place that prevent their drivers from assisting you with unpacking or moving your shipment. If you chose "curb-side shipping" as your delivery method, the freight carrier will only be responsible for getting the packed product off the truck and into your driveway or curb. If you find you may require assistance with the handling, unpacking and placement your order once it has been delivered to your residence, you should consider asking for "white-glove shipping". This type of service is available for an additional charge at the time your order is placed.
What should I do when my patio furniture shipment arrives?
- There are several steps you should follow when your order arrives to ensure any problems that may arise can be dealt with as quickly and easily as possible. First, you should count the number of boxes you receive to make sure it matches the number indicated on the freight bill. Secondly, you should briefly examine the boxes for any physical damage and note the damages on the freight bill before you sign it. If a box is severely damaged, you have the right to refuse that individual item. Please do not refuse the entire order unless everything is damaged. Lastly, as you begin unpacking the items, please conduct a thorough examination for any damages that were not obvious at the time of delivery and report those damages to us as quickly as possible.
What happens if my new patio furniture is damaged when it arrives?
- Although we take every step possible to ensure your patio furniture arrives in excellent condition, occasionally freight damage can occur during transit. If you notice damage to your furniture when it arrives, please make notes of the damage on the freight bill before you sign it and contact us immediately so we can follow up.
What if there is damage to the patio furniture that I didn't see when it was delivered?
- Occasionally, damage to your furniture may not be obvious until after you've unpacked and assembled it. If you discover damage that was concealed at the time of delivery, please contact us immediately so we can take the necessary steps to fix the situation. It is important that you contact us promptly as freight companies only allow us a 3-day period to report any concealed damage. After the 3-day period, it is extremely difficult and time consuming to correct any problems or damages.